Goals and Approach to Critical Issues
The Santa Fe Group brings creativity, innovative problem-solving, and timely attention to key issues. We define priorities and focus on issues that warrant exploration and discussion. The Group uses teams of skilled and experienced interdisciplinary professionals to provide the functional framework to:
- Identify and implement solutions,
- Investigate and/or formulate policy options, and to
- Apply knowledge and/or skills to the resolution of specific issues
Our passion is in catalyzing change that makes a difference. The Group provides a variety of approaches to facilitate and support identified changes, such as:
- Serving as a catalyst for private sector, educational and public partnerships.
- Developing leadership capacity in the health professions and related industries.
- Educating public policy makers on critical issues.
- Raising public awareness of health problems and solutions.
- Stimulating community empowerment.
How We Analyze Critical Issues
The Santa Fe Group explores issues, in a spirit of unbiased inquiry, to seek answers to a broad range of health-related questions:
- How can public and private organizations collaborate to promote improved health outcomes?
- Where can interventions be most effectively applied to overcome public health challenges, now and in the future?
- Can “best practices” from other sectors, regions and disciplines be applied or modified to address these issues?
- What aspects of the knowledge base warrant reassessment?
- What modifiable factors contribute to the outlook for various health scenarios?
- How can sustainable and innovative leadership be recognized and nurtured?