Meeting the Oral Health Needs of the Aging Population: Education, Service & Advocacy
2nd Annual Meskin Symposium
Symposium series in honor of Santa Fe Group Founder Lawrence Meskin.
The Santa Fe Group partnered with Nova Southeastern University from November 15- 17, 2009 in Fort Lauderdale Florida, to identify and establish best practices and resources to train health care providers to care for the unique needs and challenges of the elder population’s oral health. More than 75 interdisciplinary thought leaders participated in this event.
- Stephen Abel, Associate Dean for Student, Community and Professional Initiatives at University of New York at Buffalo.
- Michael Alfano, Professor, Dean and Executive Vice President Emeritus of New York University.
- Stanley Bergman, Chief Executive Officer, Henry Schein Inc.
- Doug Berkey, Professor Emeritus, University of Colorado School of Dentistry.
- John “Jack” Bresch, Association Executive Officer, Advocacy and Governmental Relations for the American Dental Education Association.
- Dominick DePaolo, Academic Dean of Nova Southeastern University College of Dental Medicine.
- Teresa Dolan, Vice President & Chief Clinical Officer, Dentsply Sirona.
- Burton Edelstein, Professor of Dental Medicine and Health Policy and Management at Columbia University Medical College.
- Ron Ettinger, Professor Emeritus, University of Iowa School of Dentistry.
- Alan Finkelstein, Chief Executive Officer of Bedford HealthCare Solutions.
- Raul Garcia, Professor and Chair, Department of Health Policy and Health Services Research at Boston University Henry M. Goldman School of Dental Medicine.
- Michael Helgeson, CEO of Apple Tree Dental.
- Linda Niessen, Dean of Nova Southeastern College of Dental Medicine
- Gary Price, Executive Director, Dental Trade Alliance.
- Steve Shuman, Associate Professor, Department of Primary Dental Care, University of Minnesota School of Dentistry.
- Harold Slavkin, Professor of Dentistry, Ostrow School of Dentistry at University of Southern California.
- Program Agenda
- Sponsors & Partners
- Adequacy of Healthcare Workforce; Lessons from the IOM Report
- Meeting the Oral Needs of the Aging PopulationInterdisciplinary Engagement
- Meeting the Oral Health Needs of the Aging Population through Integrated Provider Partnership
- Elder’s Oral Health Care: Public / Private Partnerships
- Meeting the Oral Health Needs of the Aging Population: Education, Service and Advocacy
- Continuing Education for Community Providers
- Healthcare Reform: The Process and Role of Advocacy by the Dental Community
- Health Reform: The Process & Role of Advocacy by the Dental Community
- Meeting the Oral Health Needs: Education, Service, & Advocacy
- Health Care Reform or Health Care System Reform
- Educating Health Professionals: Planning to Meet the Oral Health Needs of Older Adults
- ADA Action in Elder Care